Arranging icons on desktop

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 16 15:06:58 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 07:08:21 am Eric wrote:
> At 12:16 AM 9/16/2008, Tim wrote:
> >Such as replying to someone's
> >message instead of starting a *new* thread for a "new" message (thread
> >hijacking).  Or, not doing a proper reply when you reply to someone's
> >message, like replying to someone else's message and responding to a
> >prior quote, or starting a new message and cutting and pasting between
> >them, or using a client that destroys the in-reply-to and references
> >headers (breaking a thread).
>
> <<<<<
>
> Just out of curiosity, isn't taking a thread off in a direction
> totally unrelated to its Subject: line also considered a form of
> thread hijacking?
>
> Don't you guys also object to that??
>
> This thread hasn't had anything remotely to do with "Arranging icons
> on a desktop" since about the third post.  Yet, no one seems to care,
> and no one has changed the Subject: to match what is being discussed.

To be accurate, this thread originated with a posting entitled "'indirect
routing' through Squid and Privoxy" by Frank Cox which you hijacked with a
question "Lost toolbar in KDE, how do I get it back?", and which you
subsequently re-hijacked with "Arranging icons on a desktop".

Alas, no one has yet given Frank any help. Not that I could -- my knowledge of
squid is pretty much restricted to enjoying calamari in various Italian
restaurants.

-- cmg