Arranging icons on desktop

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 16 15:11:12 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 16:58 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 15:32 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> > > If it's not messing it up, you're using a broken mail client which
> > > doesn't understand standard threading (see Tim's reply). I see you use
> > > Yahoo. Enough said.
> > >
> > > poc
> > >
> > No in evolution the terminology is different. I personally have not use
> > for threads which contain mail with different subject lines. But to each
> > his own.
> >
> > Actually now that I think about it, I am not sure that evolution
> > supports threads of the type Tim describes.
>
> It does. Evo is my preferred client and threading works as it's supposed
> to (i.e. using the In-Reply-To header). However there is also a
> preference option to allow it to fall back to subject-based threading
> when the standard method fails (look under the Preferences->Mail
> Preferences->General tab). This is mainly for compatibility with
> Outlook, which is broken in this regard.
>
> poc

Then we have a problem. I don't have the fall back to subject --- option
checked. But in the recent complaint about thread highjacking a thread I
did not see the hijacking in my mail list. So there is something
missing in the explanation given for the highjacking complaint.

How in evolution to you tell the program to thread by In-Reply-To header
and not by subject? And if you thread by In-Reply-To hader threading how
can you tell when the thread ends (since subject line can change)?
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." -- The Wizard Of Oz
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net