"driver referrenced before assignment" warning at boot!?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 17 03:35:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 12:30 -0400, William Case wrote:
> When I originally installed the new "*.26.3* kernel. the oldest kernel
> was not removed as usual.  (Perhaps the full installation was not
> completed??)

How many kernels do you have installed?   rpm -q kernel

You normally should have more that one, new ones are installed as well
as older ones, and older ones only removed when there are too many.  I
think the current default is two, but I've changed mine to keep about
five installed.  That allows for debugging, and easy reversion back to
an older kernel should a newer one have problems (it's just a boot
choice, rather than having to install something).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.