microphone not recording

JoaoCid no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Wed Sep 17 05:14:26 UTC 2008

Hi,
Also, many thanks for the feedback!
In fact, I've done that before also without success...
I've tried again, and I have the following selected in Edit-->Preferences:
-Master
-PCM
-Line-In
-Line-In capture
-CD
-CD capture
-Microphone
-Microphone capture
-Mic Boost (+20db)
-Mic select
-PC speaker
-Capture
-External amplifier
-High-Pass filter enable

Which enables the following in the switches tab:
-Line-In capture [selected]
-CD capture [not selected]
-Microphone capture [selected]
-Mic boost (+20db) [selected]
-External amplifier [selected]
-High-Pass filter enable [selected]

And also 2 additional tabs:
1st tab is "options", and holds "Mic Select", from which I can try to select Mic1 or Mic2
2n tab is "recording", and holds 2 controls for "capture" volume

Still doesn't work... and I am affraid that there's something really stupid that I am doing/missing without knowing it... as I still find strange that the console version of alsamixer only sees "master" and "capture", and this last without further items (like Mic1, Mic2 or else) to select (which I learned I could do with the space key, after  "capture" is previously selected with the tab key).

Well, sorry for this long post, but I tried to cover it all... hoping for some additional hints!

Oh, and by the way, just reminding about the environment:
FC8, Intel on-board sound-card, and using an output amplifier from Creative (which shouldn't matter at all...)

Again, thanks
Joao

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=290474&topic_id=59318&forum=10#forumpost290474
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame joao.cid at sapo.pt.