Trying to install csh; problem with yum

Neelanjana Sengupta senguptan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:59:42 UTC 2008

Hi Fedora experts,

I have installed Fedora (v8) into my machine which has Intel Core 2 Duo. I
need to install the csh into /usr/bin, and I tried:

"yum install csh", and ended up with this error message:

Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-f8&arch=x86_64error
was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-3, 'Temporary failure in name
resolution')>
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
updates. Please verify its path and try again

Trying again did not help. In fact, I get the same error message in trying
any kind of yum (eg., yum update, and su -c 'yum install xchat').

Could you please help me with this?
Thank you and regards,
Neelanjana Sengupta