Two-pane outliners? (Tuxcards etc...)

Kevin Martin kevintm at ameritech.net
Wed Sep 17 14:32:12 UTC 2008

Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 September 2008 09:41:28 pm Kevin Martin wrote:
>
>> Have you checked the website
>> http://lifehacker.com/software/note-taking/note-taking-roundup-230867.php
>>  ?
>>

> I don't see any reference there to any Linux outliner.
>
> I did my google search before posting on the list and couldn't find any modern
> replacement for a tool like Tuxcards...that's why I asked here.

I pointed you in that direction in hopes you would click around (like I
did) and find notes from other users.  For example, clicking on the link
for "Download of the Day: WhizFolders" gives you user notes like:

I've tried several of these programs and finally found one I am VERY
happy with: GS Notes (Golden Section Notes). After having gone through
Keynote (no longer in development), TexNotes and quite a few others, GS
Notes fits the bill perfectly. http://www.tgslabs.com/en/gsnotes/

or

I like SEOnote. www.seonote.com It's being actively developed and is
trying to take over from keynote, and it's free as well :)

or

I moved from Keynote to Evernote: http://www.evernote.com Evernote has a
freeware version that is completely as useful as keynote, and a has some
cool firefox integration. The other one I'm checking out and that really
looks good is Wikipad, its windows only (same as Evernote), but it is
like a personal Wiki program. The most interesting part of this software
is that it does on the fly word linking, making keywords automatically
link to other similar words in your own wiki. It uses wiki syntax for
formatting. After having used it, I think its a little advanced for
average users but GTD folks, I think, will really like it.
(opensource/freeware) http://www.jhorman.org/wikidPad/

Look around a bit and you may find even more useful information.

kevin