Trying to install csh; problem with yum

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Wed Sep 17 14:45:39 UTC 2008

Neelanjana Sengupta wrote:
> Hi Mogens,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Actually my machine does have internet connection,
> and resolv.conf does exist in  the /etc/ file. However, some sites have been
> blocked in our institute, and perhaps the Fedora site is getting filtered
> out. Do you happen to know the IP address of the site? I'll request the
> administrator to open it up for me...
>
> Also, I did not understand why you asked me to try tcsh (instead of csh).

On a F9 system, /bin/csh is a part of the tcsh package.

$ nslookup mirrors.fedoraproject.org
Server:         172.20.0.1
Address:        172.20.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
mirrors.fedoraproject.org       canonical name = wildcard.fedoraproject.org.
Name:   wildcard.fedoraproject.org
Address: 209.132.176.120

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk