Phonon and non-existant audio devices

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:27:10 UTC 2008

On Monday 15 September 2008 18:17:18 Nigel Henry wrote:

> hear a click from the speakers. Open Kscd, and now no phonon message, but
> Kscd still won't play a music cd. Kaffeine still does, but I have problems

Kscd will just start and stop the CD drive, unless you have the correct cable
from the drive to the soundcard *and* the relevant input turned up in the
mixer, you won't hear anything and that's nothing to do with Phonon or Pulse or
anything else; just make sure it's connected up and unmuted. You may have to
play about with kmix ...