howto log services startup message?

fedora fedora at ayni.com
Fri Sep 19 06:22:33 UTC 2008

Hi Tim
i completely agree with you about boot.log.
i found, however, somwhere in google's depths a hint, that the previous
boot.log goes into the rsyslog mark local7, which made me set a syslog
string into /etc/rsyslog.conf like

# Save boot messages also to boot.log
local7.*                                /var/log/boot.log

but, as you will certainly assume: all to no avail, this "feature" does
not work either.

suomi