FireFox 3 EULA

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 19 10:09:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 17:29 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> What is intolerable, as Arthur says, is that it should be turned on by
> default, but even that isn't a licensing issue but a privacy one.

Ever more, there's just cause for having a setup wizard for the first
run of the browser.  Dis/enabling features like this, setting your
language preferences (what can you read, what do you prefer, necessary
for painless use of websites that do content negotiation), and various
other features.

e.g. I've been pleased that the default things allowed with JavaScript
have diminished over time, but there's still some odd defaults
preselected.  For instance, why would you want a website to disable your
right-click menus?  That's just dumb.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686