howto log services startup message?[Solved]

landon kelsey landonmkelsey at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 15:40:24 UTC 2008

--- On Fri, 9/19/08, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> From: Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: howto log services startup message?[Solved]
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 9:29 AM
> On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 21:50 -0700, yeti_hym wrote:
> >

> > yeti_hym wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there a way to save the services startup
> message to a log file? I get
> > > xxxxx [failed] items sometimes, but the message
> quick goes away and I
> > > can't catch it.
> > >

> > --
> Nabble.com.
> >
> The subject says the problem was solved. But where is the
> solution?
> --
> HOLY MACRO!
> Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail:
> akonstam at sbcglobal.net

I "grep-ed" the entire directory and sub directories of /var/log

and found no mention of the boot up message containing "nvidia.ko"

that arises from the kernel-nvidia temporary mismatch situation.

Once I photographed the screen during boot up to get a record of the

messages.

Here following the rules...bottom/post reply, no "!"...right?