FireFox 3 EULA

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 19 19:01:40 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 17:29 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> What is intolerable, as Arthur says, is that it should be turned on by
>> default, but even that isn't a licensing issue but a privacy one.
>
> Ever more, there's just cause for having a setup wizard for the first
> run of the browser.  Dis/enabling features like this, setting your
> language preferences (what can you read, what do you prefer, necessary
> for painless use of websites that do content negotiation), and various
> other features.

That's one way of doing it, and better than the current situation.
However, that's not necessary. All that's necessary is to disconnect
one's computer from his internet connection before running the product
the first time. Unless it refuses to install with no connection (which
I suppose it might) then one could install, set up the preferences,
and then re establish his ISP connectivity.

[...]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.