ath5k won't connect -- sometimes

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 19 19:07:50 UTC 2008

hey...

regarding toshiba satellite laptops.. and maybe any other atheros chip
laptops.

i've found the easiest way is to get an external usb wifi dongle, and to get
madwifi, fire up system-config-network, and everything you need is there,
ready to go. you're up/running wireless in ~5 mins...

haven't had this process screw up once... as opposed to fighting out how to
get an onboard atheros chipset to properly work. my time is worth way more
than $45/hour. the device costs about that much!!

peace