Installation of multiple Linux Instances

kevin kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Fri Sep 19 19:19:08 UTC 2008

Hi List;

I have a new dev server. As an independent consultant I want to
maximize it's use. Some of my clients use RedHat/CentOS 64 bit, others
Redhat/CentOS 32bit, some are even using Fedora and Debian.

Here's my thought:

I'd like to install each OS/version into it's own space on the disk.
I'm thinking all I have to do is install one OS (say CentOS 64bit) and
partition say 20% of the disk. Then once the install is done, boot
into the latest fedora disk and do the same, etc.

Is this correct ?

Later I want to add a disk array and allocate a RAID mount point that
can be mounted by any of the installed Linux'es when it's active.

Is this do-able ? Easily ?

Thanks in advance...