ath5k won't connect -- sometimes

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 19:55:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 12:07 -0700, bruce wrote:
> hey...
>
> regarding toshiba satellite laptops.. and maybe any other atheros chip
> laptops.
>
> i've found the easiest way is to get an external usb wifi dongle, and to get
> madwifi, fire up system-config-network, and everything you need is there,
> ready to go. you're up/running wireless in ~5 mins...

Thanks, but I'm trying to avoid system-config-network in favour of NM.
We'll see if that's possible (it works fine with the wired network).

Also the laptop is mainly used in Windows (it's my daughter's) so I'm
keen on showing this can be done without any extra parts.

poc

PS Please don't top-post. See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines