FireFox 3 EULA

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 19 18:57:02 UTC 2008

Steve Hill wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Joel Rees wrote:
>
>> That would be, I'm assuming, that you have bought the product and have
>> some sort of license thereby to use it?
>
> If you have acquired a product (e.g. bought it from a shop, downloaded
> it, etc) then you do not need a licence to use it.  I don't have to
> agree to a licence in order to eat the loaf of bread I bought, nor do I
> have to agree to a licence to use the software I bought.

"Acquiring" and "acquiring via approved means" are not the same.
Software can be GPL, but also have a use license. The GPL forces
the distributor to supply source to whoever is allowed to possess
a copy. It does not force the distributor to allow people to
acquire copies free of charge.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.