Installed HylaFAX on F9, now KDE crashes

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Sat Sep 20 00:24:45 UTC 2008

Running Fedora 9 / KDE on VMware.  (Running it on VMware because I
want to test HylaFAX before installing it on the real machine, also
running F9/KDE.)

Installed HylaFAX version 5.2.7, now when I start up F9 and log in,
instead of the KDE desktop I get a white screen and an error message
that says "A Fatal Error Occurred... The application Plasma Workspace
(plasma) crashed and caused the signal 11 (SIGSEGV)"... classic
segmentation fault.

Switched to Gnome and it worked OK.  Switched back to KDE and it crashed.

How can I restore KDE to functional health?

Thanks...