Suddenly rhgb doies not work.

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Sat Sep 20 02:23:57 UTC 2008

Trapper <trapper at miami-canes.com> writes:

> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>> Suddenly (maybew after the latest updates) rhgb does not cause the gui
>> representation of boot progress. Instead I get the the individuual all
>> of them OK.
>>
>> What could cause this to happen? This is f9. --
>>
> Same here. In the past 3 days I have installed F9 32 bit on 2 boxes
> using the live cd. RHGB worked fine until I did the big set of initial
> updates. Now I just get a normal text screen during bootup. I also have
> a 64 bit setup of F9 off a live cd. It's up to date and still has rhgb
> working correctly. I put out some feelers in the forum. No one seems
> interested....yet.
>
> I have nvidia video but, as I said, I had no rhgb problems after initial
> install. They came after the updates.
>
> Trapper

Did you guys re-install the nvidia drivers after the updates? I don't
know if you use the nvidia installer or the livna packages. At least
with the nvidia installer, which is what I use, you need to re-install
after both kernel updates and xorg updates. That has been the case for
as long as I can remember on both RH and Fedora.

The behavior that you both describe occurred after this week's xorg
updates. After re-installing the nvidia driver, I am back to rhgb
working on F9.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz