repoquery oddities

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Sep 21 06:12:46 UTC 2008

I am trying to use repoquery to return a list of packages that provide any
of a list of strings. For example something like:
repoquery --disablerepo='*' --repofrompath=i386,/home/rawhide/koji/i386/ --enablerepo=i386 --whatprovides `cat temp` > temp2

The above sort of seems to work but it looks like it is searching either the
installed packages or one of the other repositories. I tried using
--pkgnarrow, but that didn't seem to help. 'available' didn't limit it and
'repository' wasn't valid (despite being suggested by the man page).
Another odd thing I saw was that when is the --envra option, it only seemed
to be applied to some of the returned package names.
I am not sure if there is a bug or if I am doing something I am not supposed
to.