desperately seeking "IgnoreEDID"

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Sep 21 18:38:39 UTC 2008

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:32:11 -0400
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

> excellent, i'll give that a shot first thing tomorrow morning.  i'm
> guessing that my system won't have the flgrx module, so i'm assuming
> i'll have to track it down.

You can install the Livna rpm, but if you're using the latest kernel update I
don't think it's available there yet.

I reluctantly started using that when I got my new dual core machine a while
back and the onboard Intel video created a sort of a crawl on my 22"
widescreen monitor.  I purchased an ATI video card and that solved the crawling
issue, but I couldn't get the proper resolution out of the free ATI driver that
comes with Fedora.   When I broke down and installed the proprietary driver,
it just worked by magic after that.