ath5k won't connect -- sometimes

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 22 07:37:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 10:00 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> The access point is about 6 feet away so it's not a signal issue (and
> my phone connects with no problem so the AP is OK as well)

I'm curious as to whether the signal indicator that NetworkManager shows
us on the desktop is simply showing an indication of the signal
strength, or whether it also takes quality into account.  It's quite
possible to be close to a source and have a strong but bad signal.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.26.3-29.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.