yum repositories question

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 23 00:33:32 UTC 2008

trying to update F9, on a 386/686 box. Failing. Thanks in advance for
any help

quick description - can't run yum. Think I have the repositories files
from (addresses don't resolve)
yes, I probably hosed them up trying to fix them. Got not response to
yum update. time out error or address did not resolve

removed files from yum.repos.d
put a set of repos in yum.conf  = seem to be wrong.
this is what I get

yum update
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-source-8&arch=i386
error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-3, 'Temporary failure in name
resolution')>
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/source/SRPMS/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-3, 'Temporary failure in name
resolution')>
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
fedora9-source. Please verify its path and try again

bob