Flash plugin - no sound

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Tue Sep 23 11:23:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 01:29 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 00:59 -0400, Rick Bilonick wrote:
>
> > I have a similar problem (F8 completely updated) - no sound on flash
> > videos (like youtube). I used to have audio on flash videos but at some
> > point it stopped. I can play and hear the sound in the sound card
> > detection and I can hear the audio from realplayer (playing Internet
> > radio, for example) just fine but it doesn't work using vlc (used to).
>
> Don't know if this was mentioned before, so don't shoot me if so, but
> have you all checked to make sure "libflashsupport" rpm is installed?
>
> --
> Mike Chambers
> Fedora Project - Ambassador, Bug Zapper, Tester, User, etc..
> mikec302 at fedoraproject.org

It's installed:

Parsing package install arguments
Package libflashsupport - 000-0.1.svn20070904.i386 is already installed.
Nothing to do

I would say that it all worked a month ago. At some point in the last
few weeks the audio for flash stopped working. I was able previously to
start up vlc and get the audio to work. But I can't get that to work any
more. Otherwise, audio seems to work fine. Just doesn't work with flash
video. The video works fine. (Although, when the problem first started,
the video would download but would not play - just for a few seconds.
Now the video plays OK but no audio.)

Anything else I can check?

Rick B.