OT - php toolkit/framework

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Tue Sep 23 19:32:25 UTC 2008

Bazooka Joe wrote:
> I need to do a pro bono inventory control web ap. I am an experienced
> php/mysql programmer but I am dreading making all the input forms and
> reports that will be needed. Did some googling but many toolkits seem
> out of date.
>
> What would you recommend for a rapid development toolkit or framework
> for LAMP environment?

ZendFramework-1.6.1 was just released.

It's an MVC framework written in PHP.  All OO.  Hooks and packages for
everything from AJAX to XmlRpc.  Not a lot of tutorials out there yet
but looks very promising.

As with all things, what you get out of it depends on how much you are
willing to put into it.

I've converted a php/mysql based site to it.  At first the going was
slow but as it started to come together (and I began to understand it)
it began to move quickly.

http://framework.zend.com/

hth,
:m)