nvidia RAID support - dual boot

Agile Aspect agile.aspect at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 01:54:02 UTC 2008

tns1 wrote:
> I have a system setup for two-disk RAID 1 using something called
> NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller.
>
> I have read that some of these RAID controllers are mainly SW, some
> are not.
> Regardless, would FC9 or later be able to install and take advantage
> of whatever HW RAID features are present?
>
> What about dual boot? If I have XP using the above controller, can I
> create a partition for Fedora and expect it to utilize RAID in the
> same way? Do I have to partition each disk separately but identically
> using another tool, or would the FC installer handle both disks in one
> go?

Yes, disable the RAID on the card (use the card as a 2 port IDE
controller) and use Linux RAID.

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."