kde or gnome

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 18:04:52 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 10:20 -0700, Aldo Foot wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > If you install from the KDE LiveCD, then you have KDE by default.
>>
>> You're correct. But how many new user will first grab a KDE LiveCD?  ;-)
>
> Why wouldn't they? You get it from the same place. In fact it's the only
> kind of Live CD I ever download (both Fedora and Kubuntu).
>
> poc

But then again _you know_ exactly what you're downloading and why.
Normally the non-Initiated looks for something with the word 'install' in it and
if they go to Fedora's site the first option they see is Install Media then at
the bottom they see the KDE Live media.

~af