google-earth problem

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 28 13:50:44 UTC 2008

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> I hadn't run GoogleEarth in a couple of months, and when I try to run it now,
> I'm getting this message:
>
> [~]# googleearth
> do_wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs don't seem to be working correctly.
> Try running with LIBGL_THROTTLE_REFRESH and LIBL_SYNC_REFRESH unset.
> ^C
>
> And its hung on the initial postcard sized window until I ctl-c it.
>
> Anybody have a clue?  Machine is F8, ATI 9200SE with radeon driver, AMD
> XP-2800, uptodate as of an hour ago.

Not exactly but I had to back down to Googleearth 4.2.0205.5730, built
Nov. 13, 2007 on this CentOS-5, AMD XP 2600+ ATI Radeon 9000 box.  I
removed the broken version using brute force, downloaded ver 4.2 at
http://dl.google.com/earth/client/GE4/release_4_2/GoogleEarthLinux.bin
and haven't looked back.