Eliminating duplicate photos

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 15:05:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:04:55 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> What is the best way of eliminating duplicate photos
> on a number of machines, all running Fedora or CentOS?
>
> I suppose one could ask the same question about files generally;
> how to tag or delete duplicates.
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received.

To do something like that I've used GQView's "Find Duplicates" feature.
It can compare pictures by several attributes (checksum, similarity, name,
etc). Package is called "gqview".

The successor project (a fork of GQView) is Geeqie, albeit
bleeding-edge. Package is "geeqie" in updates-testing and rawhide.