Help with Reiner Csrdreader ctapi

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 19:14:17 UTC 2008

Hallo all,

I'd like some help with a card reader.

I've installed the ctapi via yumex, the reader is recognised when I do
lsusb.  But when I try to set-up the Trustdesk software (supplied by the
Austrian Government), clicking on the "automatic detection", it says
there is no ctapi installed.  (I tried the manual configuration, but I'm
not sure of the name of the actual driver - tried the .so file in the
ctapi folder - nor of the port number, so that didn't work either!)

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to make the ctapi visible to
trustdesk?

Thanks

Dave