Switching to KDE (was kde or gnome)

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Tue Sep 30 02:17:45 UTC 2008

At 09:23 PM 9/29/2008, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> [...]

Good evening, Arthur.

Well... uhhh... not sure how to answer that...  there are little
graphic things on my desktop, that I deposited there by right
clicking on a menu item and clicking where it says "Add to
desktop".  Clicking those little graphics brings up things like
firefox or a terminal window, or a KDevelop instance, etc., depending
on what I put there.  They sure look like icons to me, or what I
think of when someone mentions the word "icon".

What I'd like to be able to do is arrange those little graphics in
alphabetical (or some other kind of) order.  With F8 I could just
right click anywhere on the desktop and click on Icons->Sort Icons
and it would be done.

Can't do that with F9, although someone else told me I could do that
within a panel.

(Not quite sure exactly what a panel is or how to use them, yet.)