Git vs. Subversion. Which one?

Damian S dsteward at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 30 10:38:07 UTC 2008

> There is no "better".  There is "different".
Exactly.
I happily use SVN on my projects which only I commit to. Although I am
the only committer, this code needs to be pushed out to multiple
machines, both public and private.
I'll still use SVN if I get several other collaborators, but once there
are more than 3 or 4 people committing, I'll move to git which uses a
superior model for large numbers of committers.

FWIW, SVN was not designed to be the 'best'.
It was meant to be a better CVS than CVS, and in that goal, succeeded.