Need help with Reboot cause

Peter J. Stieber developer at toyon.com
Tue Apr 7 20:59:01 UTC 2009

PS = Pete Stieber
PS>> I have a dual opteron system that has been acting as
PS>> the worldly node for a small cluster of computers
PS>> since September, 2004.  The machine is running the
PS>> latest x86_64 Fedora 10 kernel that I recently loaded
PS>> (April 2).  The machine reboots without warning.  I
PS>> can't find the cause in log files (maybe I'm not
PS>> looking in the correct log).

m> any new hardware attached or installed recently?

It's not real new (a few months or so), but I did start using a Belkin
OmniView PRO2 4-Port KVM switch (F1DA104T) with this machine.  I am
currently running my builds with this device "out of the loop" and
without the samba server enabled and this seems to be working.

I'll report back if the machine reboots.

Pete