KDE: Plasma not starting

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 02:30:06 UTC 2009

Yeah, I tried removing all the config files (I entirely erased the contents of
~/.kde.  Twice).  It works under root, but not for any of the users, so I
suspect the real cause is related to the fact that except for root, all the
user logins are provided via OpenLDAP, and all the home directories are kept
on one machine and exported via NFS.  I've played around with the settings on
both, but I still haven't managed to figure it out, and the odd thing is the
same settings worked fine with KDE4 on Fedora 9.