How to find which disk a LUN is mapped to

Shannon McMackin smcmackin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 01:55:21 UTC 2009

Paul Ward wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to find out which disk LUN6 points to on my RH3 box.
>
> I have looked at /proc/scsi/scsi
> This gives me LUNS from 00 to 05
> Does this mean 05 is infact LUN06?
>
> If so where can I see where that device is then mapped to?
>
> Thanks
>
> --

/etc/fstab would have any filesystems you have mounted.  SCSI disks are
usually labeled /dev/sda?.  In this case, if your primary disk is also
SCSI, any additional SCSI devices on another controller would be sdb?.

If you have 6 LUNs on your storage device, that LUN06 could actually be
/dev/sdg?.

The question mark is a number pertaining to the filesystem on the
specific disk in question..