Web of Trust (a revolution)

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Wed Apr 1 16:29:03 UTC 2009

David wrote:
>>> Which doesn't prove you are not one of identical twins ;)
>> ----
>> which is an important distinction if you happen to be the paranoid
>> schizophrenic twin...
>
> True. But I also have concealed carry permits in four different states and
> they take fingerprints and run background checks.  :-P
>
> Maybe I should have said that my mother assured me that I am me?
>
> Only the paranoid I guess.

When I was in the military I held a fairly high security clearance.  The
kind of thing where they check your background back before you were
born.  I worked with folks with the same clearance levels or even
higher.  Curiously enough, despite having such deep background checks we
still had people stealing from the coffee fund.

There is *no* check that can certify you are a truly honest, ethical and
reliable person... only time and observation will tell others if you can
really be trusted, everything else is a wild ass guess.  I know I'm a
trustworthy person, but no one who doesn't know me well can ever be sure
of that... no matter who else says so (hell *they* could be lying) 8^\

...who ya gonna trust?
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign