VMware server 2.0 on 64-bit F10

Wendell Nichols wcn00 at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 2 13:30:17 UTC 2009

Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> I'm unable to connect to VMware Server 2 via https://127.0.0.1:8333. The
> connection times out. I've been reading fragments of reports elsewhere
> on the web that others are running into major problems with VMware
> Server 2 on 64-bit F10. They all say they can't shut down VMware
> services or re-run vmware-config.pl without hard resetting via the power
> switch. Some have suggested shutting down SELinux (add selinux=0 to
> grub.conf), but this doesn't fix the problem. Others have suggested
> shutting down the firewall. Again, no joy.
>
> Can anyone point me to a working solution?
>
> --Doc Savage
>   Fairview Heights, IL

Did you finish the install by running "vmware-config.pl" ?  Its a must.
and you must have your kernel dev packages installed to do it.
Second:  do "service vmware status" to see if the services are up ... if
not start them.
Also try your non https port at 8222 (which is the default, you can
change it in the config script).
wcn