Fedora Seamonkey issues

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 23:32:44 UTC 2009

2009/4/2 Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>:
> When pushing updates for seamonkey, it would be really good not to do the
> upgrade while there is a SM browser present, as it messes things up in the
> running browser. Found that out the hard way, the "change font size"
> shortcut stops working, and since my default font is for use with a 32 inch
> HDMI display, that's a instant eyestrain.

It's hard to feel sympathy for someone with 8 more inches than me.
Luckily my resolution is higher...

AFAIK this is a problem with any software, if you update the
underlying binaries/libraries on disk, unless everything the program
accesses while running is safely in memory, what happens when you poke
and prod it might vary widely.

--
Sam