Interactive startup on F10. Pressing "I" doesn't work

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 00:21:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Sharpe, Sam J
<sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/4/3 Aldo Foot <lunixer at gmail.com>:
>> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Nigel Henry
>> <cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
>>> On F9 I had to press the "I" a few times to enter interactive startup, on
> <snip>
>> The current approach is not practical, there should be a custom timeout to
>> give time to press 'i".
>> ~af
>
> I don't think interactive startup should exist at all.
>
> If you want to disable services, use Rescue Mode or Single User Mode.
> When a system is booted to multi-user-graphical I want the same
> scripts running as last time thankyou, regardless of any finger
> mashing by the user.
>
> --
> Sam
___
I'll respectfully disagree. Under the right conditions it could be beneficial
to have the interactive boot option.

Also, let's don't forget that there are a bunch of systems out there that don't
need a graphical environment to do their job.

I think most will agree that the finger mashing is very impractical.
~af