[Way OT] Tiny Core Linux

john wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 3 06:24:46 UTC 2009

Stumbled across a reference to Tiny Core Linux on distrowatch, thought
I'd give it a try. 10MB download (yes, I said 10MB). Burned a CD,
booted, and it was running. Read the single page help, installed mplayer
and OSS sound and in 2 minutes I was playing a video.

These guys have some unique ideas, and they're doing an excellent job of
implementing them. If they can keep at it, in a year this will be a
fantastic Linux distro. Give it a spin and prepare to be impressed.

No, it isn't better than Fedora, just really different. I like what
they're doing.

http://www.tinycorelinux.com

Regards,

John