How do I rip this sort of audio stream ?

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Fri Apr 3 15:40:26 UTC 2009

On Friday 03 April 2009 16:50, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I'd like to rip the audio stream that plays (with Totem) when I press
> the "Listen" button on this page so that I can listen to it later in the
> day.
>
> http://streamingradioguide.com/streaming-schedule.php?station=KKFT&service=
>FM
>
> I can listen to it live just fine with Totem.  How could I record it so
> that I could listen to it later as an MP3 ?
>
> Thanks
>
> LG

Hi Linuxguy.

I normally use MhWaveedit for recording, but you will have to compile it from
a source tarball on Fedora. Link below.

https://gna.org/projects/mhwaveedit

You will need to install a few development packages to compile it, as below.

libsamplerate-dev
libsndfile-dev
libasound-dev
jack-audio-connection-kit-dev

And if you want to save the recording as an MP3, you will have to install the
lame package, which is from the rpmfusion repo.

Hope I havn't forgotten any of the development packages you need to install.

It's a nice app, and I keep plugging it, although I have no connection with
the author.

Nigel.