Yum issues..

dcooke at efn.org dcooke at efn.org
Fri Apr 3 22:26:00 UTC 2009

Message: 10
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:58:05 +0200
From: Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Yum issues
To: fedora-list at redhat.com

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 19:16:19 -0700 (PDT), dcooke at efn.org wrote:

Michael,

> [root at boatbuyer grub]# yum install yum-updatesd
> Setting up Install Process
> Setting up repositories
> dries
>  [1/7]
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Fedora/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-10.1.noarch.rpm/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 01:21:34 GMT

You've messed up your repository definitions somehow.
Verify the definition of the "dries" repository. It looks as if
you replaced the baseurl= with the URL of the fedora-release package,
which is not correct at all.

 Sorry, didn't know any better.

Keeping an eye on the output, Yum kept pointing to the dries.repo,
and becoming desparate I Stuck a URL in there hoping..and waiting
for the errors.

fc5 is broken here along with a bunch
of services and links. Still trying to update to 10, and then
reading how important staying updated is.

There must be a .conf file somewhere to change and make it point
correctly?

Is there even a dries respository anymore?  The seven now showing
in repos.d look ancient.

[root at boatbuyer images]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
[fedora]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/10/Fedora/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-*noarch.rpm
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
#mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

[fedora-debuginfo]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - Debug
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/debug/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-debug-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

[fedora-source]
name=Fedora $releasever - Source
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/source/SRPMS/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-source-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch
[root at boatbuyer images]#

'messed up...somehow' is the operative..

Shouldn't I just delete all of them and build (one) correctly?

My back is really against the wall. I now show no DVD or USB so
I can't ISO an image, and Just read if updating from HD you can't
ISO files on partitions controlled by LVM. Isn't LVM my Gui??

Thanks,

David