Interactive startup on F10. Pressing "I" doesn't work

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Apr 3 22:58:24 UTC 2009

Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
> Name one that can't be solved with single user or rescue mode... I'm
> not trying to fight you, but I am interested in this discussion as
> I've never seen the point of Interactive Init.

It's easier to just bypass the crashing script than to debug things from
single user or rescue mode (which don't boot into a fully usable system).

I've used interactive boot occasionally to skip hanging init modules
(sometimes my own fault, adding bad stuff to rc.local is not a good
idea ;-) ).

        Kevin Kofler