Building gcc and NS-2 Problems

John jpmp at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 4 23:33:24 UTC 2009

Kevin,

Thank you for the answers.  I think this is at least a good lead for forward
progress.

I don't think I have a live CD (unless I am misunderstanding the term). I
burned an
install CD.  The hard disk was re-partitioned. It was for sure a CD not a
DVD.
There may not be enough space to have included all of gcc.  The total size
was
just under the capacity of the CD (I had to ensure it was a long time audio
instead of a short time audio disk). Opinion based on that?

I think I can paraphrase your last answer as follows:
You can use a Redhat Package Manager to download gcc (maybe), and if so,
you are recommending it. Therefore, I will search the net trying to do that.
Do you have a repository link I should be looking at?

Again, thank you for the help.

John