Resources to learn C

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 5 02:09:45 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 11:57 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> Remember the old David Ahl "Basic Computer Games" books?  (If you
> don't, you can find them online at http://www.atariarchives.org )

I remember books like that for other systems.  We'd spend ages typing in
code, there'd be some obscure typing errors.  We'd print it out, so we
could find the errors quickly (much easier than repeatedly scrolling
through the tiny window of text you see on the screen), pencil in all
the corrections, go back and type them in.  Run it, find it still
errors.  Then we'd ring up the shop and ask for the errata for page 3 of
whichever book, and they'd read it over the phone to us.

You don't know how lucky you are, now, with your precompiled RPMs...

... Tim heads off to find where his slide rule has got to.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.