Resources to learn C

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun Apr 5 02:44:38 UTC 2009

You had it easy with the tiny text window. I started my mainframe career
just as IBM shops were converting over to huge CRT monitors and the joys
ISPF edit,  but were still using punched cards for some things. So I had
a little exposure to correcting a punched card which is part of a card
deck, but didn't need to know that for very long. (I got a nice monitor
and keyboard at my desk.) I did work with old timer programmers who
could read the card punches and translate them...and code and correct
long programs which were kept in boxes and boxes of card decks for backup.

I have a slide rule somewhere, too.

Bob