How do I get per desktop wallpaper?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun Apr 5 09:19:58 UTC 2009

On Saturday 04 April 2009 23:00:12 Michael Hennebry wrote:
> I'm running KDE and Fedora 9.
> When running Fedora 8, I had a different wallpaper for each desktop.
> With Fedora 9, I haven't figured out how to do that.
> Everything I can find to change the desktop background
> changes it for all the desktops.
> What is the incantation to change them one at a time?

You can't.  However, if you use Activities instead of Desktops, you can.  You
might like to look at http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma sections 2.15 and 2.16.
Using the Activity Bar for switching, as this describes makes Activities as
convenient as Desktops.

The good side is that widgets are added per Activity - you get just the ones
that you have selected as relevant to that class of activity.  The less good
side is that the panel still shows all your open applications, whichever
Activity they are being used under.

Anne