Resources to learn C

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 5 13:09:49 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 10:43 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I learned to program in basic by typing in the listings, then working
> out why the game didn't run, or why it was so simplistic that I could
> add several features to it.  Computing was pure fun in those days -
> for most of us it didn't impinge on work :-)

Back when you had a personal computer with no operating system, just a
bootloader routine (usually for cassettes), the computer was entirely
yours to do whatever you could think of doing with it.

I've still got a VZ300 (Z80 CPU) computer in the box of bits, here.  It
was one of those all hardware and no software devices.  Someday I'll
find someone who wants it to play with.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686