Editor to program in C

lists4pghanghas lists4pghanghas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 16:14:29 UTC 2009

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 11:56:43 +0100
> Paul Smith wrote:
>

>> I am starting to learn how to program in C, and I am looking for a
>> proper editor for that. Do you recommend Kate to me? Or is there
>> something better?
>>

> Depending on what I'm editing, I use either nedit or vim as my primary text
> editors.
>
> My wife used to use nedit as her primary editor, but recently switched over to
> gedit; I'm not entirely sure why.
>
> All three of these editors offer syntax highlighting.

Well i had used almost all of them and in the end have found "Geany" to
be the best for working with c/c++ projects. Its an IDE but its lean
enough to be used as an editor. One thing i particularly like is
creating/managing/loading tags is very simple. But if you happen to use
a terminal to work then my choice would be vim/emacs