Damn ! That was easy, Firefox Plugins

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 5 23:28:35 UTC 2009

On a FC 10-X86_64  box.

I been fighting a way for a whole day on how to put the Firefox plugins
into;

/user/lib64/mozilla/plugins
/user/lib/mozilla/plugins

As long as you know the location of the *.so for each plugins all you
have to do is go to;

/usr/lib64/mozillia/plugins and link each file as such

ln -s /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so     ( AdobeReader9)
ln -s /home/michael/Download/libflashplayer.so   (Adobe Flashplayer)
ln -s /usr/java/jre1.6.0_13/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so   (Java JRE)

The Adobe Reader which is a 32 bit application I also did a;

ln -s /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so    (in
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins  I'm not sure if I had to make this link but I
did).

The 32bit boxes all they would need to do is do links in
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
And I did install both the nspluginwrapper for 32 and 64 bit .

I know many of you may have a easier way to do this, but to me this was
the simplest , It's up to you.