Emacs 23 for Fedora?

Alex Bennee kernel-hacker at bennee.com
Mon Apr 6 11:10:36 UTC 2009

2009/4/6 Carl D. Roth <roth at ursus.net>:
> On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 13:25:05 +0530, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> --- On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Alex Bennee
>> <kernel-hacker at bennee.com> wrote:
>> | Does anyone provide an emacs23 snapshot | repository for Fedora 10.
>> \--
>>
>> I took the emacs23 version from CVS, and built it from source. It
>> required 'nmh' to be installed though:

I was hoping to find a binary repo as building stuff on netbooks takes
a while. I shall give it a go though.

> AFAIK the latest Emacs23 (23.0.92.1 at last count) is in the emacs
> mainline (no branch required).  You don't need nmh, but you probably need
> m17n-lib-devel to build the latest freetype bits.
>
> I built it with a hacked-up spec based on the emacs22 SRPM from
> rawhide.

Any chance of posting the spec so I can make some proper RPMs rather
than overriding with a /usr/local install.

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
CV: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/cv.php